21.8.10

Evergreen Cemetery

This was my trip to Evergreen Cemetery this last week. I actually didn't know this Cemetery even existed until the last few years. It's located in Crosby between Kenning and FM 1942 on Sralla Road. I'd driven by it before, but just never noticed it I suppose. It's a very nice quiet place and I very much enjoyed being there. Yes, I like cemeteries. I'm unsure of the history of it, but there were several grave markers with last names that I recognized. Kenning, Reidland, Lindstrom, and several other streets in Crosby! It's strange seeing these names here, when they are names that I've known my entire life but never knew anyone by the name. Some of the stones were just a small slab of concrete with the names and dates carved out by hand. The dates on some of the grave markers dated back to the late 1800's. I've posted some of them below. Enjoy.















I was unable to find much history online, but I did find that it was declared a State Historic Cemetery in 2008.

2 comments:

  1. Keep looking for great shots like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I had kids, I was in a group called the "Texas Rose Rustlers" and we went to old cemetaries like this and looked for uncommon or unidentified roses. Lots of fun - I even looked here once but only found one rose on the site - and I can't remember now what it was - but it wasn't uncommon so I didn't take a cutting. Pretty cemetary though - even sans roses!

    ReplyDelete