26.8.10

On the 7th day...

Today marks the seventh day of the Crosby Texas Photo journal. I made a trip to the Crosby Park today. The park is probably the biggest thing in Crosby! It's 46 acres includes six soccer fields, two football fields, two tennis courts, a basketball court, a playground, a walking trail, a BBQ pavilion, picnic tables, etc. It sits directly next to the Crosby Community Center and directly behind the Crosby Branch Library. I know my family spends plenty of time at the park, especially since soccer is about to start!
I'm not sure what this is, but it was right outside of the baseball field.


First Base:

This is one of the soccer fields.

The "Crosby Park" train!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if anyone else ever did this, but before the library was built and the playground put it, the caboose was still there. My dad used to play baseball for some league, and there were two other girls that were older than me (I may have been 3 or 4) and they would take me through the woods to an old swingset, but if you walked a little further, there was the caboose! But it wasn't red. And it was super rusty, like holes in the floor. But there was no fence, you could climb up in it and play. In reality we were probably only like 50 feet from the ball fields, but it seems so far away and exciting at the time! Then they painted it and moved it. I still think it would be better had they fixed it up and let kids play on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Andria! Curious to know what the first is too. :-)

    ReplyDelete