25.8.10

1st Day


The first day of school. It makes me nervous and scared and excited and happy all at the same time. My son started second grade this year. His teacher has been teaching second grade for NINE years! I haven't been doing any one thing for that long. I'm happy for my son who is growing too fast. I'm happy for my two, almost three year old who will [hopefully] be starting mothers day out for the first time. He calls it "going to school". He wants to be just like his big brother and can't understand why he can't ride on that awesome ride called the school bus.


There's something special about the first day of school. The new, unbroken crayons. The pencils that have never been used, and still have their erasers. The paints that have never seen water. Then there's the things that he comes home with in his pockets that were given to him by his friend on the playground (and he can never remember his name). I usually find these treasures later in the washing machine.

There's class parties - celebrating Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and Valentines day with all of your 7 year old friends while getting an ever needed break from all that learning. It is something that I hope they will remember and love. Good luck to all the students starting a new year this week. And thank you to all the teachers for your understanding and love for our children.







3 comments:

  1. I like the crayon picture.....I can almost 'smell' them!!! I love their smell and all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas' 2nd grade teacher has been at the school for 20 years. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's his teacher this year? Jayce is in Mrs. Baker's who, from what I hear, has been at Barrett the longest. Hats off to teachers! I appreciate them too. :-) Love your pics! Enjoyed our shortened list this year so that we could buy our own supplies...love the smell of markers and crayons too.

    ReplyDelete